Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BVI OPTINAM Qualifiers Regatta

On March 20th and 21st, the BVI Sailing Team competed against each other in the final regatta of a 3 event qualifying series to determine which 5 sailors would be going to OPTINAM (Optimist North Americans) in Kingston, Ontario at the end of June. The regatta took place in Road Harbour and fortunately the winds decided to come back and we had a great 2 days of racing. I was running the regatta and managed to get 10 races off, and I also snapped a few great shots of the start line! I'm really looking forward to taking my team to Kingston for OPTINAM, as I have spent a lot of time racing, as well as coaching there over my sailing career. Also, I've been developing a bit of "island fever", so being back on the mainland for a bit will be appreciated. The regatta is 8 days, with a day off right in the middle, and coincidentally it happens to be July 1st, so I'll definitely be making a trip up to Ottawa to see the girl, and Canada Day party with all my buddies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment